Boscoe is a black labrador retriever puppy. He will hopefully be an accomplished hunting retriever in the future. This blog will serve as a record of sorts for his training as he progresses and grows. He's a great pup!

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Goose Wing Pictures



Boscoe got to play with the goose wing again today and he still loves it lol. We did a couple retrieves in the other field across the street. It's really the first time he's been in it and down by the pond. He did great. He waded into the pond a little but really just to get a drink mainly. He still doesn't want to swim yet but there's plenty of time for that. I'm more than willing to go in with him, once the weather stays warm lol. There is a "family" of geese that come to the pond at night. There were four of them today and they stayed in the water even when we were at the edge, and the pond isn't that big. They were honking and Boscoe perked up a little but didn't really see them I don't think, they weren't really moving. Eventually, as we kept walking around the pond they all took off honking, it was pretty cool. That got his attention! He watched them for a bit and then wanted to run and sniff some more.

We did one retrieve across the gravel and dirt road/path. I was going to do just a squared up retrieve straight across but when he sat he was angled. So I went ahead and threw about a 10 - 12 foot retrieve, at an angle across the road. He went right after it, no problem crossing the road. When he got to the wing and started to pick it up I started calling him back in. He got distracted and left the wing to come about 3/4 of the way back to me. I told him to go get it and kind of pointed in the direction, he started to run back to it so I just kept repeating "fetch it up" and then just let him come back to me on his own accord, which he did. So overall he did great, as he usually does lol. I'm very please with him. I hope with the nicer weather to get him swimming and I want to start getting a little distance to his retrieves. I'm really just working on exposing him to a lot of new things right now and I couldn't be happier with his attitude. I also want to start really teaching heel in a week or two because his sit is about 95% I'd say.

So enjoy the pictures and I will keep updating as he grows up and progresses in his puppy training! Thanks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home