Boscoe is a black labrador retriever puppy. He will hopefully be an accomplished hunting retriever in the future. This blog will serve as a record of sorts for his training as he progresses and grows. He's a great pup!

Tuesday, June 13, 2006





Here's the little devil finally. Right around 12 weeks old. His favorite spot to sleep is on the brick, must be cooler. I tried to get a good picture of him standing so it would show how much bigger he has gotten, but yeah right, like he would stand still. Just a little while before this we did only our second session of teaching sitting heel to date. He did great. I kept is short to avoid him getting too distracted. He needs some help getting into the right position but I'm trying to bait and lure him with the treat rather than physically manipulating him. We'll keep going and see how he does, so far so good though. We also did some "retrieving" in the house since I haven't been feeling too well. I've been doing some fun stuff with him like throwing the bumper over his head and leaving my hand up like how you teach a back cast. Also doing the same to the side. I've started throwing it then holding him, getting him to look at me, and putting my hand back up or out and letting him go so he'll associate my hand with going in a certain direction. So today, for the heck of it, I put the toy/bumper out when he wasn't looking. Then I sat him in front of it, got him looking at me, and put my hand up. He got it! He did it a couple times and then I stopped and just played with him. Not that this is by any means an indication of things to come, I still think he's incredibly smart and am excited.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home