Boscoe is a black labrador retriever puppy. He will hopefully be an accomplished hunting retriever in the future. This blog will serve as a record of sorts for his training as he progresses and grows. He's a great pup!

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Update...Finally...

Wow, so I haven't been doing a good job of keeping up on this site! Well, what can I say since my boyfriend graduated fire academy and is now a fulltime career firefighter. We definitely had to celebrate his graduation this past weekend.

But now on to Boscoe! He's doing great. Finished his last round of shots last week. He weighed in at 17lbs. at the vets last Wednesday. He may be 18 or 19 by now, not sure. He doesn't eat a lot when it's hot out. He's doing great though. Loves the water, loves retrieving. He can pretty much handle the big dog bumpers now lol. His obedience is going well also. Come is getting solidified. He will come to my whistle, I need to get him on the real whistle for it though. We're still working on heel but he pretty much sets himself up sitting at my side to wait for his retrieves now. So I'm using that to my advantage. He knows "off" as well. I release him for retrieves on his name. I tell him "fetch it up" if he drops the bumper on the way back, it's starting to sink in. He's definitely not a dog to hold items when he gets to you though, he tends to drop his retrieves when he gets to me. Plenty of time to deal with that later though, I just want him to want to retrieve now. The greatest thing though is that he has started looking out waiting for me to throw the mark. It's awesome, I really think he'll be a super marking dog. He makes himself wait until the bumper is almost on the ground before he wants to go.

Well, I guess that's all the updates I have so far. He's a little terror. He's had so much energy lately it seems nothing I do can alleviate any of it. He played with everyone at the firehouse though tonight so hopefully he will be a little tired out. He's a great pup and I'm please with him for being around 14 wks. I will get some more pictures and try to keep everything updated more often.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home