Boscoe is a black labrador retriever puppy. He will hopefully be an accomplished hunting retriever in the future. This blog will serve as a record of sorts for his training as he progresses and grows. He's a great pup!

Saturday, July 22, 2006

no pictures...just an update...

Just a little update, still no pictures, I have a few I just need to load them to the computer. He's growing steadily but still a small guy. I don't mind, he'll reach full potential, and probably with a lot less risk of hip problems. And it means he's an easy keeper. He's food motivated when it counts, for treats during training, but prances and spins for the water dish over the food dish. It's a nice change I must say.

As far as training goes, he's progressing very nicely. He has a duck to play with and a freshly killed pigeon as well. He smells them whenever I open the freezer haha. He will get to retrieve them a lot tomorrow. We have been doing sitting and walking heel. He does great with sitting heel and treats. Walking heel is ok, I just got a really fine choker to try. Put it on him tonight and started out really gently. It's amazing how quick he was paying attention to me. A little more work and add some treats for incentive and reward and I think he should breeze through it. Come is just getting more reliable as we go. I couldn't be happier with my little super marker. And he's a fish in the water, he loves it, I have to cut his sessions for his own good lol.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice update. Lets get that b/f working with that camera. :)

25 July, 2006 08:55

 

Post a Comment

<< Home